Buying pre-owned is popular for cars and high-ticket items. Buying second-hand clothing is not yet mainstream. Read on for 8 good reasons to buy pre-owned clothes.
- support local business
- less pressure on the environment. Practice the three R’s: recycle, reuse, reduce
- Walk to the store, instead of online shopping, means less footprint and a healthier lifestyle
- Visit new neighborhoods
- Save money
- Buy higher quality: I am drawn to wood, silk, and cotton. Few stores make them with good material, at an affordable price.
- Special finds: some second hand stores are museums. Others are more of a repository of brand-name castoffs. There’s so much variety, and variety is the spice of life
- Support worthy causes: I bought at stores that support AIDS research